A DIY Approach to Leader & Team Development
What is Leader As Teacher (LAT)?
The LAT approach embraces and reinforces the fact that some of our greatest assets, as an organization, are the skills and knowledge possessed by the leaders and our team members. LAT is grounded in the need and desire of leaders to directly develop the skills and knowledge of their teams. LAT lessons equip all leaders to personally lead the development of their direct-report team using pre-designed content, presentations, and resources.
All tools and resources have been created using adult-learning principles combined with strategies that can be applied immediately to assist you in developing and creating immediate actions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH LESSON?
While each LAT session is designed to look and feel a little different based on the topic, all sessions will include the following resources:
- Topic Overview: Think of this as a summary for the event that you can share with your teams ahead of time. This can include pre-reading, a message of intent/importance, etc.
- Topic Content: Each leader will receive a ‘facilitator’s guide’ for the session that will include recommended talking points, activities, and discussion questions (say/do/ask), as well as support resources in the form of presentations or handouts.
- Development Activity: These sessions are designed to engage your leaders in advancing and applying the concepts you present. Each lesson will have a minimum of one activity dedicated to aligning your team on the topic at hand.
- Action Steps: These recommended steps help move you and the team from great idea to great action.
- Resources: These can include articles, eLearning, case studies, videos, etc. used to support the content before or after the session.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
The first thing you need to do is choose the LAT Lesson that best meets your leadership team’s needs. Below, you’ll see a list of available topics. Check back frequently as these topics will grow over time.
Complete the LAT request at the bottom of the page, and you will be contacted by a member of the OD&L team to discuss your needs, review the topics, and talk through the process of utilizing the lessons.
LAT: Building Trust
- Defining trust
- Identifying trust in our teams
- The qualities of trust
- Evaluating our trust supporting behaviors
- Action Plan
LAT: Adaptive Leadership
- Defining Adaptive Leadership
- Technical versus Adaptive Work
- Adaptive Leadership Activities
- Adaptive Leadership Challenges
- Action Plan
LAT: Building Team Accountability
- Accountability Overview
- Accountability Assessment
- Building Accountability
- Action Plan